I'm just a girl, sitting in front of a computer, asking you to read this.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday...


Well, as of Tuesday I am officially 22 years old. It's a bit weird to think about that. I know that in the grand scheme of things, 22 is still super young, but when I was younger, I saw it as the year I would become a real adult because I always associated it with The End of College. 

When I was nine years old, 22 seemed ancient. I remember one day when I was in 4th grade, all of the girls at my lunch table were saying how old they wanted to be when they got married (because, y'know, that's what nine year old girls do around the lunch table, apparently). 

Multiple girls said 22 because they thought that was "soooo old." Like, in our minds 22 was the new 40. Not kidding. Some of my friends are engaged now, and its wonderful to see them getting ready to start that part of their lives. For me, I can't imagine being married anytime within the next...five or six years, let alone now. I mean, I could (and probably will) change my mind about that in the near future, but for now 22 just seems...awkward. It's time to leave college, find a job, and do other worldly/adult things like go to the bank by myself and do laundry more than once every three weeks. 


In the mean time, though, I still feel like an awkward 14 year old most of the time. Not sure if I'll ever grow out of that. However, I had a lovely birthday, and I'm so glad I have such wonderful people in my life to thank for that. Look, I got a miniature cake and cupcakes this weekend, so I pretty much feel like I won the sweets lottery at this point.

So now I'm off to have a cup of tea and read before bed...like an adult. Because 22 is soooo old.

4 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now I need to find me some cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what adorable shots! well done:)

    that cake looks delicious!
    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm CAKE- so need some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little cake and cupcake photos! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Blog on the Internet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena