I'm just a girl, sitting in front of a computer, asking you to read this.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


If you're not sick of pumpkin flavored everything yet, here's my all-time favorite pumpkin bread recipe. It originally comes from Two Peas and Their Pod, and I've made just a few little changes to the recipe over the years. I've made at least once for the past three Octobers, and spending an evening making a few loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread has become one of my favorite fall traditions (along with watching Hocus Pocus any and every time I catch it on TV).


When I make the bread, I add 1 teaspoon of cardamom in addition to the cinnamon and nutmeg in the original recipe. I think it gives the final product an extra zip of warm deliciousness.

I also like to use mini chocolate chips in place of regular ones, and I use 1 1/2 cups of chips instead of just one. I operate under the idea that there is no such thing as too many chocolate chips (it is a truth universally acknowledged, in my opinion).

Pair this bread with a hot cup of Darjeeling tea (with a splash of milk), and you have my favorite fall breakfast/1 a.m. snack. What's yours?

6 comments:

  1. I found this somewhere on tumblr and the bread looks amazing :)
    Autumn is the time of roasted chestnuts on the street, quinces and persimmons!! :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dissolve baking soda in milk; set aside. In large bowl add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg; stir. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Serve on top of cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until done.

    obagi rosacea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like mini chocolate chips. I haven't tasted pumpkin flavored. You have shared a delicious chocolate chip bread. Its amongst best cooking recipes in backery products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely wonderful! Easy and quick and perfect for a lazy Sunday morning… Techlazy.com Howmate.com Crazyask.com

    ReplyDelete

© Little Blog on the Internet, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena